The 2023 PGA Championship will get underway Thursday at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, New York, the fourth time the course has hosted the championship.
Though Tiger Woods is not in the field, a few of golf’s largest names can be teeing off Thursday morning, together with 17 gamers from LIV Golf. There are 156 gamers within the subject, and they’re going to play the primary two rounds Thursday and Friday in teams of three.
USA TODAY Sports activities will present the newest information, updates, evaluation and extra all through the day. Observe alongside.
Opening of observe services, golf course pushed again resulting from frost
All observe services and the golf course at Oak Hill Nation Membership have been briefly closed Thursday morning due to frost. To guard enjoying surfaces, everybody on-site was required to remain off any grass.
Reside Leaderboard: PGA Championship Tournament Scores, Schedules, Pairings and More
The observe vary opened at 7:35 a.m. and the placing inexperienced at 7:45, pushing beginning instances again by a complete of 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Spherical 1 tee instances will start at 8:50 a.m. on the primary tee and eight:55 a.m. on the tenth tee.
Temperatures are purported to rise into the mid-60s by early afternoon beneath sunny skies and lightweight winds.
watch PGA Championship 2023
Right here is the TV schedule:
Thursday, Could 18 and Friday, Could 19
- 7 a.m.-1 p.m.: ESPN+
- 1 p.m.-7 p.m.: ESPN
Saturday, Could 20 and Sunday, Could 21
- 8 a.m.-10 a.m.: ESPN+
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: ESPN
- 1 p.m.-7 p.m.: CBS
The match may be livestreamed on:
Up to date PGA Championship tee instances, groupings for Thursday
Half the sector will begin at No. 1, the opposite half on No. 10, and they’re going to swap for the second spherical. The morning tee times have been scheduled to start at 7 a.m., however play was delayed for an hour and 50 minutes resulting from early-morning frost.
The afternoon tee instances that have been supposed to start out at 12:30 p.m. are being pushed again as nicely. Listed here are the up to date tee instances for Thursday’s opening spherical:
- 1st tee
- 8:50 a.m.: Shaun Micheel, Braden Shattuck, Steven Alker
- 9:01 a.m.: Ben Griffin, Chris French, Joel Dahmen
- 9:12 a.m.: Wyatt Worthington II, Nico Echavarria, Wyndham Clark
- 9:23 a.m.: Tom Hoge, Ryan Fox, Okay.H. Lee
- 9:34 a.m.: Paul Casey, Adam Svensson, Beau Hossler
- 9:45 a.m.: Zach Johnson, Kurt Kitayama, Sahith Theegala
- 9:56 a.m.: Corey Conners, Ockie Strydom, Joaquin Niemann
- 10:07 a.m.: Kevin Kisner, Jimmy Walker, Padraig Harrington
- 10:18 a.m.: Alex Noren, J.T. Poston, Mackenzie Hughes
- 10:29 a.m.: Lee Hodges, Callum Tarren, David Lingmerth
- 10:40 a.m.: Taylor Moore, Denny McCarthy, Brendan Steele
- 10:51 a.m.: Jeremy Wells, Justin Suh, Adri Arnaus
- 11:02 a.m.: Anthony Cordes, Mark Hubbard, Dean Burmester
- 2:20 p.m.: Matt Cahill, Taylor Montgomery, Cam Davis
- 2:31 p.m.: Michael Block, Hayden Buckley, Taylor Pendrith
- 2:42 p.m.: Alex Seaside, Brendon Todd, Sihwan Kim
- 2:53 p.m.: Patrick Reed, Rasmus Hojgaard, Nick Taylor
- 3:04 p.m.: Christiaan Bezuidenhout, John Somers, Chez Reavie
- 3:15 p.m.: Tommy Fleetwood, Cameron Younger, Hideki Matsuyama
- 3:26 p.m.: Adam Scott, Max Homa, Tony Finau
- 3:37 p.m.: Xander Schauffele, Tyrrell Hatton, Dustin Johnson
- 3:48 p.m.: Patrick Cantlay, Rickie Fowler, Phil Mickelson
- 3:59 p.m.: Alex Smalley, Russell Henley, Mito Pereira
- 4:10 p.m.: Adam Hadwin, Matt Kuchar, Talor Gooch
- 4:21 p.m.: Justin Rose, Billy Horschel, Francesco Molinari
- 4:32 p.m.: Russell Grove, Patrick Rodgers, Ben Taylor
- tenth tee
- 8:55 a.m.: Trey Mullinax, Josh Speight, Kazuki Higa
- 9:06 a.m.: Adam Schenk, Colin Inglis, Thriston Lawrence
- 9:17 a.m.: Min Woo Lee, Andrew Putnam, Emiliano Grillo
- 9:28 a.m.: Harold Varner III, Scott Stallings, Nicolai Hojgaard
- 9:39 a.m.: Steve Holmes, Adrian Otaegui, Davis Riley
- 9:50 a.m.: Scottie Scheffler, Brooks Koepka, Gary Woodland
- 10:01 a.m.: Rory McIlroy, Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa
- 10:12 a.m.: Shane Lowry, Jordan Spieth, Viktor Hovland
- 10:23 a.m.: Matthew Fitzpatrick, Cameron Smith, Jon Rahm
- 10:34 a.m.: Luke Donald, Adrian Meronk, Yannik Paul
- 10:45 a.m.: Kenny Pigman, Davis Thompson, Maverick McNealy
- 10:56 a.m.: Keegan Bradley, Jason Day, Bryson DeChambeau
- 11:07 a.m.: Jesse Droemer, Matt NeSmith, Rikuya Hoshino
- 2:15 p.m.: Sam Ryder, Gabe Reynolds, Brandon Wu
- 2:26 p.m.: Sadom Kaewkanjana, Ben Kern, Thorbjorn Olesen
- 2:37 p.m.: Webb Simpson, Y.E. Yang, Danny Willett
- 2:48 p.m.: Sepp Straka, Harris English, Robert Macintyre
- 2:59 p.m.: Thomas Pieters, Keith Mitchell, Pablo Larrazabal
- 3:10 p.m.: Lucas Herbert, Brian Harman, Callum Shinkwin
- 3:21 p.m.: Tom Kim, Sam Burns, Abraham Ancer
- 3:32 p.m.: Sungjae Im, Chris Kirk. Seamus Energy
- 3:43 p.m.: Si Woo Kim, Stephan Jaeger, Anirban Lahiri
- 3:54 p.m.: Victor Perez, Aaron Smart, Jordan Smith
- 4:05 p.m.: Chris Sanger, J.J. Spaun, David Micheluzzi
- 4:16 p.m.: Thomas Detry, J.J. Killeen, Matt Wallace
- 4:27 p.m.: Nick Hardy, Greg Koch, Eric Cole
Who will win the PGA Championship 2023?
Justin Thomas is the defending champion, however Jon Rahm enters the week as one of many betting favorites (+750). The Spaniard has amassed 4 wins already this season together with the Masters in April — his second main championship victory.
Nevertheless, it’s Scottie Scheffler on high of the betting odds listing, sitting at +700. He tied for fifth eventually week’s AT&T Byron Nelson and grabbed a T-10 end at Augusta Nationwide.
At double Scheffler’s odds is McIlroy (+1400), who’s going by means of a little bit of a funk. In his final three stroke-play occasions, the Northern Irishman has missed the minimize on the Gamers and Masters, and tied for forty seventh on the Wells Fargo Championship.
— Sal Maiorana, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
Who’s lacking on the PGA Championship at Oak Hill?
Will Zalatoris, who’s ranked No. 9 on the earth, is the one participant within the high 100 not at Oak Hill as his season ended resulting from again surgical procedure.
Jordan Spieth, No. 10 on the earth, is battling a wrist harm which compelled him to withdraw final week from the AT&T Byron Nelson. He practiced Tuesday, however it’s attainable he may need to drag out. If he performs, he’ll begin Thursday at 8:22 a.m. on No. 10 with Viktor Hovland and Shane Lowry.
— Sal Maiorana, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
LIV Golfers on the PGA Championship
The LIV Golf contingent has a stout report within the PGA. The 17 players in the field have mixed for 32 top-10 finishes and have made 100 of 131 cuts (76.3 p.c).
Englishman Paul Casey introduced Wednesday that he is withdrawing from the match resulting from harm, leaving 16 LIV golfers within the subject. Beforehand, fellow LIV golfer Martin Kaymer pulled out as nicely.
- Abraham Ancer: Finest end, T8 in 2021; 4 of 4 cuts made.
- Dean Burmester: First look.
Paul Casey: Finest end, T2 in 2020; 13 of 19 cuts made.
- Bryson DeChambeau: Finest end, T4 in 2020, three of 5 cuts made.
- Talor Gooch: Finest end, T20 in 2022; two of three cuts made.
- Dustin Johnson: Finest end, Solo second in 2019, 9 of 13 cuts made.
- Sihwan Kim: First look.
- Brooks Koepka: Finest end, gained in 2018 and 2019; 10 of 10 cuts made.
- Anirbarn Lahiri: Finest end, T5 in 2015; two of six cuts made.
- Phil Mickelson: Finest end, gained in 2005 and 2021; 26 of 29 cuts made.
- Joaquin Niemann: Finest end, T23 in 2022; three of 5 cuts made.
- Mito Pereira: Finest end, T2 in 2022; considered one of one cuts made.
- Thomas Pieters: Finest end, T6 in 2018; six of seven cuts made.
- Patrick Reed: Finest end, T2 in 2017; seven of 9 cuts made.
- Cameron Smith: Finest end, T13, 2022; six of seven cuts made.
- Brendan Steele: Finest end, T9 in 2022; six of 9 cuts made
- Harold Varner III: Finest end, T29 in 2020; 4 of 5 cuts made.
— Garry Smits, Florida Instances-Union
Is Tiger Woods enjoying within the PGA Championship 2023?
No. Woods had to withdraw from the Masters resulting from an ankle harm which later required surgical procedure, possible ending his 2023 season.
PGA Championship 2023 odds
- Scottie Scheffler (+700)
- Jon Rahm (+750)
- Rory McIlroy (+1400)
- Xander Schauffele (+1600)
- Patrick Cantlay (+1600)
- Tony Finau (+2200)
- Brooks Koepka (+2200)
- Jason Day (+2800)
- Collin Morikawa (+2800)
- Matthew Fitzpatrick (+3000)
- Justin Thomas (+3000)
- Viktor Hovland (+3500)
- Tyrrell Hatton (+3500)
- Sungjae Im (+3500)
- Dustin Johnson (+3500)
- Cameron Younger (+3500)
- Cameron Smith (+3500)
- Max Homa (+4000)
- Jordan Spieth (+4500)
- Hideki Matsuyam (+5000)