After a short climate delay, the 2023 PGA Championship is underway at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, New York, the fourth time the course has hosted the championship.
Though Tiger Woods is not in the field, a few of golf’s largest names are teeing off Thursday morning, together with 16 gamers from LIV Golf. There are 156 gamers within the area, and they’re going to play the primary two rounds Thursday and Friday in teams of three.
USA TODAY Sports activities will present the most recent information, updates, evaluation and extra all through the day. Observe alongside.
Opening of follow amenities, golf course pushed again resulting from frost
All follow amenities and the golf course at Oak Hill Nation Membership had been quickly closed Thursday morning due to frost. To guard enjoying surfaces, everybody on-site was required to remain off any grass.
Dwell Leaderboard: PGA Championship Tournament Scores, Schedules, Pairings and More
The follow vary opened at 7:35 a.m. and the placing inexperienced at 7:45, pushing beginning instances again by a complete of 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Spherical 1 tee instances start at 8:50 a.m. on the primary tee and eight:55 a.m. on the tenth tee.
Temperatures are imagined to rise into the mid-60s by early afternoon below sunny skies and lightweight winds.
The right way to watch PGA Championship 2023
Right here is the TV schedule:
Thursday, Could 18 and Friday, Could 19
- 7 a.m.-1 p.m.: ESPN+
- 1 p.m.-7 p.m.: ESPN
Saturday, Could 20 and Sunday, Could 21
- 8 a.m.-10 a.m.: ESPN+
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: ESPN
- 1 p.m.-7 p.m.: CBS
The match could be livestreamed on:
Who’re the PGA Championship announcers?
ESPN: Scott Van Pelt will anchor live coverage on ESPN and ESPN+ and will likely be joined for evaluation by former world No. 1 golfer David Duvall. Gap announcers are Curtis Unusual, Bob Wischusen and David Fleming. On-course reporters will likely be Andy North, Billy Kratzert, Suzy Whaley, Ken Brown and John Maginnes.
CBS: Jim Nantz will host the community’s protection from the 18th tower for the thirty third straight 12 months and will likely be joined by analyst Trevor Immelman. Gap announcers are Ian Baker-Finch and Frank Nobilo. On-course reporters will likely be Dottie Pepper, Colt Knost and Mark Immelman. Amanda Renner will present reviews and conduct interviews.
— Ryan Miller, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
Up to date PGA Championship tee instances, groupings for Thursday
Half the sphere will begin at No. 1, the opposite half on No. 10, and they’re going to swap for the second spherical. The morning tee times had been scheduled to start at 7 a.m., however play was delayed for an hour and 50 minutes resulting from early-morning frost.
The afternoon tee instances that had been supposed to begin at 12:30 p.m. are being pushed again as nicely. Listed below are the up to date tee instances for Thursday’s opening spherical:
- 1st tee
- 8:50 a.m.: Shaun Micheel, Braden Shattuck, Steven Alker
- 9:01 a.m.: Ben Griffin, Chris French, Joel Dahmen
- 9:12 a.m.: Wyatt Worthington II, Nico Echavarria, Wyndham Clark
- 9:23 a.m.: Tom Hoge, Ryan Fox, Ok.H. Lee
- 9:34 a.m.: Paul Casey, Adam Svensson, Beau Hossler
- 9:45 a.m.: Zach Johnson, Kurt Kitayama, Sahith Theegala
- 9:56 a.m.: Corey Conners, Ockie Strydom, Joaquin Niemann
- 10:07 a.m.: Kevin Kisner, Jimmy Walker, Padraig Harrington
- 10:18 a.m.: Alex Noren, J.T. Poston, Mackenzie Hughes
- 10:29 a.m.: Lee Hodges, Callum Tarren, David Lingmerth
- 10:40 a.m.: Taylor Moore, Denny McCarthy, Brendan Steele
- 10:51 a.m.: Jeremy Wells, Justin Suh, Adri Arnaus
- 11:02 a.m.: Anthony Cordes, Mark Hubbard, Dean Burmester
- 2:20 p.m.: Matt Cahill, Taylor Montgomery, Cam Davis
- 2:31 p.m.: Michael Block, Hayden Buckley, Taylor Pendrith
- 2:42 p.m.: Alex Seashore, Brendon Todd, Sihwan Kim
- 2:53 p.m.: Patrick Reed, Rasmus Hojgaard, Nick Taylor
- 3:04 p.m.: Christiaan Bezuidenhout, John Somers, Chez Reavie
- 3:15 p.m.: Tommy Fleetwood, Cameron Younger, Hideki Matsuyama
- 3:26 p.m.: Adam Scott, Max Homa, Tony Finau
- 3:37 p.m.: Xander Schauffele, Tyrrell Hatton, Dustin Johnson
- 3:48 p.m.: Patrick Cantlay, Rickie Fowler, Phil Mickelson
- 3:59 p.m.: Alex Smalley, Russell Henley, Mito Pereira
- 4:10 p.m.: Adam Hadwin, Matt Kuchar, Talor Gooch
- 4:21 p.m.: Justin Rose, Billy Horschel, Francesco Molinari
- 4:32 p.m.: Russell Grove, Patrick Rodgers, Ben Taylor
- tenth tee
- 8:55 a.m.: Trey Mullinax, Josh Speight, Kazuki Higa
- 9:06 a.m.: Adam Schenk, Colin Inglis, Thriston Lawrence
- 9:17 a.m.: Min Woo Lee, Andrew Putnam, Emiliano Grillo
- 9:28 a.m.: Harold Varner III, Scott Stallings, Nicolai Hojgaard
- 9:39 a.m.: Steve Holmes, Adrian Otaegui, Davis Riley
- 9:50 a.m.: Scottie Scheffler, Brooks Koepka, Gary Woodland
- 10:01 a.m.: Rory McIlroy, Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa
- 10:12 a.m.: Shane Lowry, Jordan Spieth, Viktor Hovland
- 10:23 a.m.: Matthew Fitzpatrick, Cameron Smith, Jon Rahm
- 10:34 a.m.: Luke Donald, Adrian Meronk, Yannik Paul
- 10:45 a.m.: Kenny Pigman, Davis Thompson, Maverick McNealy
- 10:56 a.m.: Keegan Bradley, Jason Day, Bryson DeChambeau
- 11:07 a.m.: Jesse Droemer, Matt NeSmith, Rikuya Hoshino
- 2:15 p.m.: Sam Ryder, Gabe Reynolds, Brandon Wu
- 2:26 p.m.: Sadom Kaewkanjana, Ben Kern, Thorbjorn Olesen
- 2:37 p.m.: Webb Simpson, Y.E. Yang, Danny Willett
- 2:48 p.m.: Sepp Straka, Harris English, Robert Macintyre
- 2:59 p.m.: Thomas Pieters, Keith Mitchell, Pablo Larrazabal
- 3:10 p.m.: Lucas Herbert, Brian Harman, Callum Shinkwin
- 3:21 p.m.: Tom Kim, Sam Burns, Abraham Ancer
- 3:32 p.m.: Sungjae Im, Chris Kirk. Seamus Energy
- 3:43 p.m.: Si Woo Kim, Stephan Jaeger, Anirban Lahiri
- 3:54 p.m.: Victor Perez, Aaron Sensible, Jordan Smith
- 4:05 p.m.: Chris Sanger, J.J. Spaun, David Micheluzzi
- 4:16 p.m.: Thomas Detry, J.J. Killeen, Matt Wallace
- 4:27 p.m.: Nick Hardy, Greg Koch, Eric Cole
Who will win the PGA Championship 2023?
Justin Thomas is the defending champion, however Jon Rahm enters the week as one of many betting favorites (+750). The Spaniard has amassed 4 wins already this season together with the Masters in April — his second main championship victory.
Nevertheless, it’s Scottie Scheffler on prime of the betting odds record, sitting at +700. He tied for fifth finally week’s AT&T Byron Nelson and grabbed a T-10 end at Augusta Nationwide.
At double Scheffler’s odds is McIlroy (+1400), who’s going by a little bit of a funk. In his final three stroke-play occasions, the Northern Irishman has missed the minimize on the Gamers and Masters, and tied for forty seventh on the Wells Fargo Championship.
— Sal Maiorana, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
PGA Championship darkish horse picks 2023
Though the sphere is plagued by stars from each the PGA Tour and LIV Golf League, there are several names further down the odds list value keeping track of.
Listed below are 5 sleeper picks for the PGA Championship at Oak Hill: Tommy Fleetwood (60/1), Rickie Fowler (60/1), Adam Scott (80/1), Shane Lowry (90/1), Gary Woodland (90/1).
— Riley Hamel, Golfweek
Who’s lacking on the PGA Championship at Oak Hill?
Will Zalatoris, who’s ranked No. 9 on the earth, is the one participant within the prime 100 not at Oak Hill as his season ended resulting from again surgical procedure.
Jordan Spieth, No. 10 on the earth, is battling a wrist damage which compelled him to withdraw final week from the AT&T Byron Nelson. He practiced Tuesday, but it surely’s attainable he may need to drag out. If he performs, he’ll begin Thursday at 8:22 a.m. on No. 10 with Viktor Hovland and Shane Lowry.
— Sal Maiorana, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
LIV Golfers on the PGA Championship
The LIV Golf contingent has a stout file within the PGA. The 17 players in the field have mixed for 32 top-10 finishes and have made 100 of 131 cuts (76.3 %).
Englishman Paul Casey introduced Wednesday that he is withdrawing from the match resulting from damage, leaving 16 LIV golfers within the area. Beforehand, fellow LIV golfer Martin Kaymer pulled out as nicely.
- Abraham Ancer: Greatest end, T8 in 2021; 4 of 4 cuts made.
- Dean Burmester: First look.
Paul Casey: Greatest end, T2 in 2020; 13 of 19 cuts made.
- Bryson DeChambeau: Greatest end, T4 in 2020, three of 5 cuts made.
- Talor Gooch: Greatest end, T20 in 2022; two of three cuts made.
- Dustin Johnson: Greatest end, Solo second in 2019, 9 of 13 cuts made.
- Sihwan Kim: First look.
- Brooks Koepka: Greatest end, received in 2018 and 2019; 10 of 10 cuts made.
- Anirbarn Lahiri: Greatest end, T5 in 2015; two of six cuts made.
- Phil Mickelson: Greatest end, received in 2005 and 2021; 26 of 29 cuts made.
- Joaquin Niemann: Greatest end, T23 in 2022; three of 5 cuts made.
- Mito Pereira: Greatest end, T2 in 2022; one in every of one cuts made.
- Thomas Pieters: Greatest end, T6 in 2018; six of seven cuts made.
- Patrick Reed: Greatest end, T2 in 2017; seven of 9 cuts made.
- Cameron Smith: Greatest end, T13, 2022; six of seven cuts made.
- Brendan Steele: Greatest end, T9 in 2022; six of 9 cuts made
- Harold Varner III: Greatest end, T29 in 2020; 4 of 5 cuts made.
— Garry Smits, Florida Occasions-Union
Is Tiger Woods enjoying within the PGA Championship 2023?
No. Woods had to withdraw from the Masters resulting from an ankle damage which later required surgical procedure, seemingly ending his 2023 season.
PGA Championship 2023 odds
- Scottie Scheffler (+700)
- Jon Rahm (+750)
- Rory McIlroy (+1400)
- Xander Schauffele (+1600)
- Patrick Cantlay (+1600)
- Tony Finau (+2200)
- Brooks Koepka (+2200)
- Jason Day (+2800)
- Collin Morikawa (+2800)
- Matthew Fitzpatrick (+3000)
- Justin Thomas (+3000)
- Viktor Hovland (+3500)
- Tyrrell Hatton (+3500)
- Sungjae Im (+3500)
- Dustin Johnson (+3500)
- Cameron Younger (+3500)
- Cameron Smith (+3500)
- Max Homa (+4000)
- Jordan Spieth (+4500)
- Hideki Matsuyam (+5000)