Lizzo’s former doc director says she’s ‘unkind’ and ‘harmful’ amid lawsuit
[ad_1]
She was not feeling good as hell.
Amid the shocking lawsuit towards Grammy successful rapper Lizzo, 35, a former documentary director has come ahead with new allegations.
Oscar-nominated filmmaker Sophia Nahli Allison, 36, shared her alleged experiences with Lizzo on social media.
“In 2019, I traveled a bit with Lizzo to be the director of her documentary,” she posted on X, previously generally known as Twitter.
“I walked away after about two weeks. I used to be handled with such disrespect by her. I witnessed how conceited, self-centered, and unkind she is.”
The documentary she referred to, “Love, Lizzo,” got here out in 2022 on Max and – satirically, due to the subject of this lawsuit – handled physique positivity, amongst different subject material.


“My spirit stated to run as quick as you f–king can and I’m so grateful I trusted my intestine,” stated Allison.
“I felt fuel lit and was deeply harm, however I’ve healed.”

On Tuesday, the information broke that three of Lizzo’s former dancers — Arianna Davis, Crystal Williams and Noelle Rodriguez — are suing the Grammy winner, in addition to Massive Grrrl Massive Touring and dance group captain Shirlene Quigley. They allege that they were subjected to weight-shaming, sexually denigrating habits and stress to take part in disturbing intercourse reveals.
The plaintiffs declare that they ended up in Amsterdam’s Crimson Gentle District in February whereas touring with Lizzo.
“… issues shortly obtained out of hand,” according to the lawsuit, claiming that Lizzo allegedly “pressured” Davis into touching a nude performer’s breast.
“Lizzo started inviting solid members to take turns touching the nude performers, catching dildos launched from the performers’ vaginas, and consuming bananas protruding from the performers’ vaginas.”


The plaintiff’s legal professional, Ron Zambrano, blasted Lizzo in a press release.
“The beautiful nature of how Lizzo and her administration group handled their performers appears to go towards all the pieces Lizzo stands for publicly, whereas privately she weight-shames her dancers and demeans them in methods which are … completely demoralizing,” he said.
Hours after this bombshell lawsuit turned public, Lizzo’s former artistic director, Quinn Whitney Wilson, and dancer Courtney Hollinquest also came forward and claimed that they skilled related remedy.
“For clarification, I’m not part of the lawsuit – however this was very a lot my expertise in my time there,” Hollinquest wrote on her Instagram Story. “Massive shoutout to the dancers who had the braveness to deliver this to mild.”

Wilson shared a screenshot of Hollinquest’s assertion to her personal social media web page, saying she was “echoing” all the pieces that was already stated.
Seemingly reacting to the information, in her live performance Tuesday night time, Beyoncé appeared to have left Lizzo out of the track “Break My Soul (The Queens Remix),” which initially included a shout-out to Lizzo within the lyrics.
“Studying these experiences made me understand how harmful of a scenario it was,” Allison stated. “This sort of abuse of energy occurs far too usually. A lot love and help to the dancers.”
Reps for Lizzo didn’t reply when The Submit reached out for remark.
[ad_2]
Source link